1. Because look how diverse in gender and color the presidents of the USA have been.
So many women leaders, WOW.
2. Because globally women hold a whole 24% of leadership roles in businesses.
Less than a quarter! Well hot damn, aren’t we lucky.
3. Because only 65% of women have experienced being hissed at, whistled at, yelled at, physically blocked, or masturbated at while minding their own business in public.
Who wouldn’t want to be masturbated at? Amirite??
4. Because we teach girls to protect themselves rather than teaching boys about consent.
5. Because women in 2017 in the USA are paid 80% of what a man makes for the same job, and for women of color it’s as low as 54%.
Who needs money to survive in a capitalist society anyways? Food? Clothes? Whatever.
6. Because unreachable beauty standards are the norm – they wouldn’t contribute to 20 million eating disorders, would they?
7. Because while women as a whole work more, they’re not paid for that work.
Working for free is so fun.
8. Because just look at this group of women deciding what should happen with women’s bodies.
Wait a minute… Those…those aren’t women at all??
9. Because just this image alone is enough to make most women’s heart rate speed up.
Who needs to walk alone anywhere ever?
10. Because little girls’ confidence in their intelligence only starts declining at 6 years old. Six whole years of confidence!
11. Because a whopping 19.5% of the members of Congress are women.
For reference, half of the human race is female.
12. Because a woman in the USA is raped only every two minutes.
You did not read that wrong.
13. Because women and girls make up 98% of the victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
No big deal, right?
14. Because women of color are affected to a higher degree in almost all the aforementioned areas.
15. Because if it doesn’t affect you, why does it matter?
… Or does it?